Wednesday 20 March 2013

20/3/13

Bit later today as I have had soooooo much going on today!!
So, yesterday was a big day for me. I spent the day with my cousin. It was amazing. We had such a laugh! Definitely doing that again soon. I was very good with food too! I didn't get a chance for food yesterday morning before I left so I got to our meeting place a little early and went and got some prepared fruit and a cherry mullerlight from Tesco. That was lovely. I met my cousin, did some shopping and then went to get some lunch from Tesco. I bought a salad, chunky chicken and cottage cheese with onion and chive :) All free! I bought a ltr bottle of water to have with me as well to make sure that I wouldn't get dehydrated with all the walking that we planned to do and did do. I got home happy but slightly sore from all the walking. I have no idea how far we walked but I know we were on our feet for nearly 3 hours. I was so glad when I finally sat down!! :)
We went into B&M and I got some Mug Shots (3 for £1), a tomato and basil Pasta Vita (1.5 syns), some different tea-bags to try and some Alpen Lights (Double Choc and Apple and Sultana).. I walked down the sweety and chocolate aisle and I thought that I was going to be wanting to eat it all... but actually, I didn't. I just walked through it like a normal every day aisle. I did not crave one thing on those shelves.. Okay maybe the Me2You bear easter egg... but only because it was in a cup!! I want the cup!! hehehe!!
When I got home, I had my breakfast (2 weetabix and my milk) and had one of my Alpen Lights (3 syns). It came to deciding what we were having for dinner and my lovely sister suggested a Chinese from the take away. I tried so hard to get her to change her mind.. I didn't want take away.. especially with tonight being weigh-in. Mum had her arm twisted as well so it looked like we were having Chinese. My chicken chow mein is only 7 syns so I had nothing to be worried about as I'd only had 3 syns all day. I was only going to eat half and have boiled rice as that would only have been 3.5 syns. It got here and I just gave in and ate the tub of it. I felt so bad and bloated afterwards... I was and still am worried about it affecting what happens on the scales tonight.
Talking of weigh-in tonight, a few of the girls from my club and our consultant had a bit of a chat last week about sweet treats and decided to do an unofficial taster evening, purely sweet stuff. The few of us are all bringing something different. I decided that I would be adventurous and try out a SW mini cake recipe. I haven't tried baking SW-style before as the ingredients baffled me as it didn't seem right to make a cake without the traditional things (flour, marg, sugar etc). I gave it a try. I did as the recipe instructed.. the mixture did seem a little wetter than normal but I think that it could be because of the grated carrot. There seemed to be a lot of juice in the carrots as I was grating them. Anyways, I thought, if it's not going to work, it's not going to work. In the cases the mixture went.. Oven for 20 minutes.. went to check on them and the top was golden and firm so out they came. I have to say I tried one as I didn't want to look like a fool in front of my group if they weren't nice or cooked. I let them cool down for a while as I got on with other things... namely, re-dying my hair. If you know me and you're reading this, please do not laugh at my ridiculously purple traffic cone hair! I'm mortified right now! If you don't know me, thank god you never saw me before.. sigh!!
I went to the shop to get an orange for the frosting on my cakes, got back and thought I had better crack on as my class is at 7.30 (although I get there at 7 as I'm weigh lady) so I didn't have long and I wanted the frosting to have time to hopefully solidify a bit. Anyways, I made the frosting with Quark, sweetener and flavouring (which in this case is juice of an orange and I did a few vanilla as well) and covered the cakes and decided to try some... OMG! The frosting is amazing! Best bit.. SYN FREE!! I never knew sweet, fruity cheese could taste so good! My newest discovery. I think I will be making more cakes in future! :) For one of the cakes with all it's icing is 1 syn each!! just 1 syn for the wholemeal SR flour in it :)
The recipe for anyone wanting to try them:

Carrot & Orange Cakes 
This works out at a little just over 13.5 sins (for the flour)
I made 13 mini cakes, so 1 syn each.

3 eggs
6 tablespoons sweetener
85g wholemeal SR flour
2 teaspoon mixed spice
170g grated carrot

For the topping

Quark
Vanilla essence
Sweetener or any flavouring (I used the juice of an orange)

Whisk eggs and sweetener until thick & frothy (it kind of looks like ice cream)

Sieve flour and mixed spice, add to the mixture with the carrots and fold carefully until all mixed.

Preheat oven to 180 degrees

Spoon into muffin tin and bake for approx 20 - 30 minutes until golden and firm.

When cooked, leave to cool and then mix quark with sweetener and
vanilla essence/or flavouring and decorate (I used the zest of an orange)




So with all the baking done, I'm able to sit and relax before tonight. I have been really good food-wise and I have done quite a bit of walking so have re-started my Body Magic off again but definitely not at the rate that I started at. I'm going for my Silver award. I'm not expecting a huge loss tonight. I did so well last week that I can't expect another decent one this week. I would like 3lb off so that next week I have a chance of getting my 1.5stone award but I won't hold my breath. I need 6lbs to get to it. If I do gain, I won't get disheartened this time because I already know that star week is coming and my body doesn't let me get 2 good results in a row. Fingers crossed though..

Well, I best get off, I will post pics of my cakes tomorrow so you can see what they turned out like :) I also need to go find a hat to hide my hair under for the next year til it grows out hehe!!

If you're weighing today or tonight, good luck :)


No comments:

Post a Comment